Since 2008, CMB has proudly supported Leukemia and Lymphoma Society’s Annual Light the Night (LTN) Walk. Last year, our challenge was to adjust our traditions to a virtual setting without losing steam. This year, it was an opportunity to continue our learnings. LTN has been an integral part of the CMB community, with several various fundraising activities we look forward to year over year.
This year, we again successfully re-imagined our usual slate of events into a virtual setting:
- BBQ: Our in-house award-winning pit master Jared once again volunteered to make our BBQ dreams come true.. CMBers could choose between pulled pork and/or pulled chicken. It’s safe to say we made a lot of CMBers—and their families—happy and full.
- Auction: Another fan favorite: our annual live auction, with items donated by our coworkers. In total, 76 items were donated by our teammates– just a few examples are a Zoom Santa visit, locally made hot sauces, axe throwing, homemade crocheted Rudolph characters, knit hats and scarves, virtual yoga classes, pumpkin whoopie pies, and more. We were able to donate more and raise more than 2020. As a bonus, the online platform made for some intense (but friendly) bidding wars, raising $200 in the last 30 minutes alone.
- Words with Friends Tournament: This bracket style event is currently in the final rounds. 24 CMBers signed up to see who will take the crown!
- Trivia Night: At the end of November, we are held a trivia night. Always a favorite at CMB, participants were broken out to teams and put their random trivia knowledge to the test.
- Other Activities: Other events and activities throughout the year have also helped us raise funds, including a CMB fantasy football league.
Never underestimate the power of community! After our second year virtually raising money for LTN, it’s nice to see the resilience of our community and our traditions, seeing them not only survive but improve. We listened to feedback from our community on how to improve our fundraising efforts and ensure more employees at our company are able to participate. Through this year’s LTN fundraising efforts, we ignited our community and expanded the ways our workforce can engage with and participate in our culture more inclusively. I am proud to announce that despite the limitations this year, we exceeded our $10,000 goal, raising a total of $11,840 completely virtually!
Please join our support of LTN here.
*Other members who contributed to this year’s success included: Ashley Harrington, Catherine Shannon, Jared Huizenga, Blair Bailey, Lauren Sears, Cameron Miller and more.