About a 3 min. read.
CRC is an exceptional conference that provides agencies and client-side researchers with a chance to connect and be inspired. This year’s conference covered a wide array of topics, from technological integration, ethical considerations, cross-industry learning, and the future of market research. Did you miss CRC? If so, here are our top three takeaways:
Inclusivity Drives Impact
- In the session “Why Accessibility Matters in Your Research Organization”, UX and accessibility leaders, from companies like Verizon and Meta, highlighted their brand’s POV on accessibility and successfully prioritizing inclusive research. To best serve your populations, collaborate with and hire professionals connected to the populations you’re serving (ex: disabled) to ensure that diverse voices are heard.
- Companies must prioritize accessibility within their organization despite the challenges as it is smart business and ethical. Smart businesses look past the superficial and look at the nuances within the population, as Paramount demonstrated in their “Pop Culture and Queerness Study”. The session stood out due to its sharp wit, rich informational content, and compelling storytelling. The researchers skillfully wove together humor with deep insights bringing to light the LGBTQ+ identity spectrum. The study’s key findings and strategic implications are paramount (see what I did there?) for marketers and brands looking to connect with the LGBTQ+ community.
Once Upon a PowerPoint Presentation
- As researchers, we LOVE data; however, the people we are delivering the data to? Not so much. In the “Insights to Action: How Roku went from a 100-slide research report to a 10-slide presentation”, attendees learned how Roku distilled a path to purchase study with complex data into a clear, impactful narrative. The presentation focused on elucidating the methodologies and the journey to purchase Roku products, emphasizing how to simplify data to be actionable for various departments. Strategies were shared for aligning stakeholder priorities and making the information accessible to non-researchers.
- Additionally, the very punny Mars Petcare presentation brought forth the significance of visual communication, particularly in PowerPoint reporting. This session showcased the transformation of dense data into visual stories. Attendees learned the essentials of effective slide visualization and applications—all in PowerPoint, with no graphic designer needed. Simple tricks such as changing the contrast, sizing, and positioning of data can make slides more visually engaging.
- The world and the market research industry have faced numerous challenges and changes since 2020, upending behavior and forcing companies to look at the whole person, their needs, and their emotions. Emotions were brought up frequently in sessions, as emotions play a crucial role in consumer decision-making and loyalty. Yet, emotion-agnostic AI is being used by researchers to help create efficiencies among large sets of data.
- How do you reconcile human-centric insights with AI? In our presentation, “No Insights Lost: The Intersection of AI, Qual & Quant”, we addressed the need for richer, textured consumer insights, leveraging AI to tap into unstructured data sources at scale. Our multifaceted research approach enhanced the understanding of consumer emotions during their journey and provides insight into areas of improvement. Using our proprietary themeAI and emotionAI tools, we uncovered the emotional nuances from conversations outside of the traditional research spaces layered with our creative qualitative As an example, we highlighted a case study with a major airline in which we mapped the highs and lows of a consumer’s trip, providing the airline with detailed segment-specific insights that were then used to map out strategies and priorities for the airline.
The takeaways above stood out to me for their depth and relevance. They represent just a slice of the rich tapestry of the content presented at the conference. Want to hear from the perspective of my colleagues or hear more about our Qual at Scale Solutions? Contact Us