The light and warmth that The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society generates delivers hope in a time of despair, connection in place of loneliness, and life-saving research and support for cancer patients and families. That’s why since 2008, CMB has proudly supported Leukemia and Lymphoma Society’s Annual Light the Night (LTN) Walk, and has raised over $152,000 since. LTN has been an integral part of the CMB community, with several various fundraising activities we look forward to year over year.
This year, we successfully executed our usual slate of events into a hybrid setting:
- BBQ: Our in-house award-winning pit master Jared once again volunteered to make our BBQ dreams come true. CMBers choose between pulled pork and/or brisket. It’s safe to say we made a lot of CMBers—and their families—happy and full.
- Auction: Another fan favorite: our annual live auction, with items donated by our coworkers. In total, 65 items were donated by our teammates– just a few examples are a Zoom Santa visit, homemade red sauce, artisanal chocolate, craft beer advent box, homemade crocheted dog bandana for all of our #CMBPets, knit hats and scarves, virtual yoga classes, haunted Halloween care package, and more. As a bonus, the online platform made for some intense (but friendly) bidding wars, raising $535 in the last 30 minutes alone.
- Words with Friends Tournament: 14 CMBers signed up to this bracket style event to see who will take the crown!
- Office Bake Sale: This year, we were able to bring back our beloved Bake Sale! CMBers signed up to bring in a treat for those in the office to buy them for a couple dollars each. It is always a great opportunity to see what talented bakers we have and a good reason to have a cookie for breakfast.
- Fantasy Football: Another year of CMBers battling it out for Fantasy Football bragging rights! 20 teams are participating this year and participation signup included a donation to LTN.
- Other Activities: Other events and activities throughout the year have also helped us raise funds.
Never underestimate the power of community.
Through this year’s LTN fundraising efforts, we ignited our community and expanded the ways our workforce can engage with and participate in our culture more inclusively. We are still in the midst of our fundraising and hope to meet our $10,000 goal. Please join our support of LTN and help us reach our goal here.
On October 20th, 2022, show up and stand next to survivors, patients, advocates, and family and friends, at the annual Light the Night Walk in downtown Boston. It’s a powerful night of hope, love, and support as thousands of lanterns literally light the night sky as a single unit—a team.
*CMBers who contributed to this year’s success included: Catherine Shannon, Chiara Palma, Jared Huizenga, Blair Bailey, Cameron Miller, and more.